We are looking for a responsible Bartender to assist our Bar staff at Saucy Brew Works. Your work will be critical in ensuring the team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will have bartending skills, beer knowledge and a strong business mindset. You should also be apt in organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will be very useful since you’ll often be acting as a point of contact for customers.
The goal of our bartender’s responsibilities is to secure the effective operation of our stores and the satisfaction of our clients.
- Properly pour beer
- Coordinate bar operations with all other bartender’s
- Ensure schedules and objectives are met
- Secure adherence to company’s policies and guidelines
- Investigate and report complaints concerning food quality and service to managers on duty
- Oversee service areas of the restaurant and make decisions on matters of importance
- Greet guests upon arrival
- Take food and beverage orders
- Operate Toast point of sales system
- Cash & Credit card processing for final payment on guest tabs
- Proven experience in two or more high volume restaurant settings
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- TIPS certification
- Food safety and planning Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances. Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Guest service Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Operational responsibilities Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets. Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Community Involvement Provide strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel
College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative. Must agree to background and credit check.
Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing. Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance. Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems. Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such
Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Saucy Brew Works policies and procedures. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness. At all times provides a favorable image of Saucy Brew Works LLC.
Hours may vary for emergencies that may arise (typical work week = 25 hours). Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level. Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment.